(In no particular order, just the order I thought of them in).
1. Psych. Shawn and his best friend since childhood, Gus have a Psychic detective agency….except Shawn’s not really a Psychic. Shawn’s father, a retired cop, started teaching him skills to become a cop since he was born practically…except that becoming a cop didn’t work out for Shawn, so he and Gus started a Psychic detective agency…..and they’re the only ones who know that Shawn has really keen observational skills, not psychic powers. (This is just like Monk, only with two cute younger detectives. And it takes place in Santa Barbara).
2. Ally McBeal. Ally McBeal is a woman who is a lawyer in a Boston lawfirm. In the first episode, she joins the firm of Richard, who she went to law school with….and as it turns out, her ex-boyfriend, Billy, works there too!!! (This show is SO GOOD.)
3. Star Trek: The Next Generation(TNG). Captain Jon-Luc Picard of the Enterprise, Commander William Riker, Counsellor Deanna Troi, Lieutenant Commander Data, Lieutenant Worf, Lieutenant Geordi LaForge, and Chief Medical Officer Beverly Crusher….They’re a family, and they’re actions and adventures are amusing and entertaining. (I love when Wil Wheaton plays Dr. Crusher’s son Wesley Crusher).
4. Star Trek: Voyager. This takes place about the same time as TNG, but it is the only series with a female captain – Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Starship Voyager, played by Kate Mulgrew. Unlike TNG, however, Voyager has been thrown from the Alpha Quadrent, where Earth is, to the Delta Quadrent, where it will take them an estimated 75 years to get home. (Captain Janeway ROCKS!!!).
5. Mercy. This in many ways reminds me of Ally McBeal EXCEPT: The main character is Nurse Veronica Callahan, who in the first episode is back at Mercy Hospital in New Jersey after working in an Army hospital in Iraq. While Veronica is married, though, on her second day back, the doctor she had an affair with in Iraq takes a position at Mercy Hospital. (I orginally started watching this show because Kate Mulgrew was in it, but she’s not in it very much….and I really, really like this show :-D).
6. Heroes. People with superpowers…..and the normal people that interact with them. Also THE COMPANY that tries to control them. And SYLAR, the SERIAL KILLER, who murders people and takes there super powers. And can also tell if a watch is the tiniest bit off. (Fine. I started watching this because Zachary Quinto’s in it. And he plays Sylar. So bad, but so good).
7. GLEE. A high school Glee club’s struggle to survive in a sports/Sue Sylvester dominated world. (The plot isn’t that original, but the music’s GREAT).
8. 30Rock. Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) and her boss, Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin), as well as other characters who makee TGS: with Tracy Jordan. ( I <3 Tina Fey. And she and Alec Baldwin are SO funny).
Other favorite shows include: “Veronica Mars”, “Beauty and the Geek”, “Style by Jury”, and “Sex and the City”.
So, what do you watch?